Sunday, November 18, 2007

Snowflakes!


I got this beautiful new paper from Magenta's Gingerbread Collection at the store on Thursday, and this cute, folksy snowflake stamp so I decided to pair them up and try this sketch challenge from Beate's blog... http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/


The snowflake and the sentiment (from Impression Obsession) are both stamped with Versamark ink, and embossed with Stampin' Up copper embossing powder. The snowflake is stamped on SU! Natural Ivory cardstock, then punched out with my mega circle punch. I punched a scalloped circle with my giga punch with a piece of Bazzill cardstock to layer. The card base is also from Bazzill... the color is Java. I pierced 3 holes in the top right corner for the copper brads (source unknown). I really struggled with the urge to add ribbon to this, but didn't want to detract from the pretty designer paper, so I resisted!


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

This is so pretty! I love the earth tones and the big chocolate snowflake! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Love that big old snowflake!
Hugs and smiles