Thursday, January 3, 2008

More of My Favorite Things


Seems like I just can't get enough of these stamps lately! I think it's because they're so awesome to color with my Copic markers! Problem is, I didn't have quite the right colors to match this dotted paper that I decided to use tonight. So I used my Tombow markers instead, but am still quite pleased with the results. The main image is stamped with jet black Staz-on ink on watercolor paper. The markers tend to flow better on the watercolor paper, and you can always use an aquapainter to smooth out any of those blasted marker lines if they show up! I made this for the Ways to Use It challenge on SCS today, which was to use some kind of flowers on your card. I got this yummy velvet flower garland at Archiver's several weeks ago, so I couldn't resist finally using it tonight. I have no clue what company the garland is from, though. I have got to get better about taking note of that kind of thing at the point of purchase! Anyone with a good suggestion on how to remember to do that? I was thinking of taking a picture of the ribbon spool with my phone. But it's a matter of remembering to do it, too! LOL


Thanks for stopping by! I've been thinking that it's high time for some blog candy soon! I'll have to see what I can come up with! :)


Stamps: My Favorite Things "Time for the Bubbly"

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; watercolor paper from Hollo's; designer paper from My Mind's Eye

Ink: Staz-On jet black; Ranger clear resist; Tombow markers

Accessories: velvet flower garland; silver SU! brads; Cuttlebug scalloped square die; Versamarker; SU! Iridescent Ice embossing powder (on the bubbles); SU! word window punch; clear EP; aquapainter

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if I was gonna put this set on my wish list! I already have the retired set from SU with the lady in the bath with the bubbles. But I think I am gonna treat myself to this one too! Great card!!TFS

Ellie said...

AHHH to dream a lil dream that I would one day be able to be able to relax in a bath like that Now I am the queen of Commerial min showers! lol :)Love this card!

-Ellie