Thursday, July 1, 2010

i {heart} copics Fabulous Friday challenge

Since it's Friday (finally!) it must be time for another Fabulous Friday challenge with the i {heart} copics team! And this week actually will be my last challenge with the team. As I mentioned on Wednesday in this post, I have resigned from this team and the All that Scraps Wednesday challenge team because I need to free up a few hours in my busy week. The music director at our church has recently resigned, and there are very few people in our church that can play the organ. Even though I don't feel like I am good enough, I really feel that God has put it on my heart to give it a try. However, I have to have a LOT of practice when it comes to something like this! It's been many, many years since I have sat down at an organ and played! So I made the decision to cut back on my design commitments to enable me to give this a try. If you're so inclined, please add me to your prayers regarding this new endeavor! I need a good boost of confidence most of all, and need practice times to result in bettering my ability!

The Fabulous Friday challenge for today is to create something using red,white and blue! Lucky for me, I recently made this card for a custom order in my Etsy shop and hadn't blogged it yet so here it is today! I LOVE it when things happen like that! My little Sailor Boy is a Little Lovin's stamp from Rubbernecker. Ain't he a cutie? He's colored with my Copic markers from the i {heart} papers store.
Stop by the i {heart} copics group at Paper Craft Planet for more inspiration from the team members, and to play along!

Happy 4th of July to all my American stamping friends, happy weekend to everyone else, and happy stamping! Thanks for dropping by!







Stamps: Sailor Boy (Rubbernecker)
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Real Red, Kraft (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (Scenic Route)
Inks:
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)
Accessories: Nestabilities Petite Scalloped Oval, Petite Oval (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder (ProvoCraft), star eyelets, star clip, ribbon (craft supply).

3 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Happy Independence Day!

Barbara said...

What an adorable little sailor! Love that paper and that little star paper clip for the ribbon! CUTE!

Samara said...

Toooo cute! Love what you've created!