Friday, December 31, 2010

Timeless Tuesday


At my store, we always celebrate Christmas after it's over because it's so crazy-busy before, so today is the day we're having our employee Christmas luncheon. All the employees chipped in for a gift for the boss, and I made this card to put it in. I've been dying to use this Vintage Postcard stamp set (must be currently sold out, but I do have some at Toyrifix!) from Flourishes ever since it was released 2 months ago, so I finally got around to it and incorporated the Timeless Tuesday challenge for this week into it. The challenge is to use pearls on your creation, and I think I managed it well! :) This paper is from Bo Bunny, and I'm SO in love with it! I wish I hadn't discovered it just 2 weeks before Christmas! Oh well, I'll save some for next year.
The postcard image was stamped on shimmer white cardstock with Broken China distress ink, and then I embossed it with an ultra thick embossing enamel to give it an "icy" look. I sponged some Old Paper distress ink on a lot of the edges, distressed a few edges too to give the whole card a little more of a vintage look, and I dabbed my pearls with an E42 Copic marker too, just to make them a little less white.

Thanks for looking! Stay tuned later today for another post.... I had so much fun last year doing a "Favorites" post of all my favorite cards from the past year, so I thought I'd do it again this year. I hope you'll check back in!


4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous, Tammy! Enjoy your party!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous! LOVE that shimmer paper (I forget I have that). That, the embossing, and the lovely ribbon all give it an icy look. Love that paper!

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous embossing, pearl swirl detailing, and shimmer paper! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Pearl Challenge!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Stunning!!