Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Timeless Tuesday #148


 It's time for another Timeless Tuesday challenge, and this week Makiko is our hostess with a fun idea.... Opposites Attract!  Make two cards that use the same image, but make them completely opposite!  Maybe one can be clean and simple and the other full of layers and embellishments.  Or one card masculine and the other card feminine.  One card for a child and one for an adult.  One with a colored image, and one with no coloring.  Get the picture?  Whatever you interpret as opposite!

Now for a small disclaimer... don't take MY samples as examples of what to do!  I didn't read the directions closely enough.  My cards are opposites, but I missed the part about using the same image!  Whooops!  But I hope you'll enjoy my version of the challenge anyway!

I just had "opposites" in mind when I started working on the challenge for this week, so my first card shows a sparkly, snowy Winter scene using the Season of Celebrations stamp set.  And my second card....

...shows where I'd rather be right now on a warm, sunny beach!  For this card I used the Beach Life stamp set.  So, you see I did get quite opposite with my creations, but need to improve in reading instructions!  LOL  (Supplies used on both cards are listed down below.)

Please stop over at the Flourishes blog for all the challenge details, and join us!  YOU could be the lucky winner of $10 to spend in the Flourishes online store!

And for more inspiration, please see what the other Timeless Tuesday designers created for today...

Makiko Jones
Mona Pendleton
Silke Ledlow
Beate Johns
Cindy Haffner
Heather Jensen
Theresa Pollack, December Guest Designer

Happy stamping, and thanks for stopping by!

Winter card:  A Season of Celebrations (Flourishes); SU! cardstock, Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock"North Country" designer paper (Prima); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko), Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); Petite Ovals, Labels 18, Create-a-Flake 3 dies (Spellbinders); Metallic White curling ribbon; Snowflake embossing folder (Provocraft); glass glitter.

Beach card:  Beach Life (Flourishes); SU! cardstock, Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock, "Yacht Club" designer paper (Webster's Pages); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko), Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen, Wild Honey distress inks (Ranger), markers (Copic); twill ribbon (May Arts).

19 comments:

Shannon White said...

Love your Take on the Challenge Miss Tammy! 8-) Both cards are just Wonderful and definitely opposites! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Beate said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Tammy!
Hugs and smiles

Karen W said...

Great cards even if they are not the same set!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful set of opposite cards Tammy! Lovin' the winter wonderland scene but wish I was on a warm sunny beach like on your card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Fantastic cards Tammy!! They are both such a wonderful inspiration! Your creations are always be loved and appreciated, just like you are!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your version Tammy, both are FABULOUS!!~

Tanya said...

total opposites! I love them both, both are fun in two totally different ways, and just beautiful

Emily Keaton said...

These are definitely opposites, Tammy! How fun to see a tropical card right next to a snowy one. Yes, fun, indeed!!

Heather Rogers said...

They are both amazing. I think a nice warm sunny beach sounds good to me too. :)
Hugs~

Theresa's Studio said...

Your cards are certainly totally opposite. Loving that sunny beach scene...beats out the snowy scene.

Kary said...

Both cards are Lovely!! Love the two scenes you created - great take on the challenge!!

Anne said...

Both of these cards are wonderful creations.. one for summer and the other for winter.. that is definitely opposites.. (don't worry we have all hurried through the instructions and messed up.. don't feel bad) :) thanks for sharing..

Vickie ODell said...

Don't feel bad. I've read too fast before and missed details in the directions. I liked the papers you chose for each card. They were so appropriate for the opposite season or place.

Cheryl said...

I love the way you interpreted the challenge! Both cards are lovely!

Heather said...

You definitely got the opposite part down! Your cards are gorgeous! Love that beach scene. I wish I could be there right now.

Amanda said...

LOL :) Tammy, I actually Love your opposite duo of cards!! When I read the challenge I read it wrong too, and I would have made the same kind of cards too :) I truly love that beach scene ( I Need that set!) and I love the softness of the winter scene! :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I LOVE your take on the challenge!!!

Kathy said...

What a fun take on the challenge! I love the bow on the sledding scene, so creative! Blessings! Kathy

Deanna said...

now that really was a diffrent idea of the challenge. Very Creative! Keep it up!