Monday, April 30, 2012

O'Keeffe Inspired

I chose this Georgia O'Keeffe quote from my Verses Rubber Stamps collection to work with today.  Now, I have to admit my ignorance... I really had no clue who Georgie O'Keeffe was, so I turned to Google and found that she was one of America's most famous modern artists.  (See... told you I was going to show my ignorance!)  So then I turned to Google images so I could see some of her work, and ran across this beautiful painting "A Sunflower from Maggie."  And that's what inspired my card for today, using this image from Flourishes "Sunflowers" stamp set along with the QQ1202-F "Georgia O'Keeffe Saying" stamp from Verses.




The sunflower was colored with Copics (Y21, Y35, YR24, YR27, G82, G85, G99, E21, E23, E29, R01, R20, R27) and I lightly distressed the cardstock edges and shaded with some Antique Linen ink.

I hope you like it!  Thanksabunch for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always liked her work! I love the sunflower you colored and the whole card is just perfect! I checked into some of the quotes and found several to put on my wish list! Anyway, I haven't commented for awhile and thought you could use some kuddos! Great job and thanks for sharing it with us!

Chris R. from Iowa

Anonymous said...

Tammy, good research to enhance great quotation showcasing! Yes, O'Keefe gave all of us an up close and personal view of simple, gorgeous, blossom shapes and hues straight from Creator leaving the finite in place with no need of airbrushing. Simply Lovely!
Your choice of coloration brings my sunflower yen for stamping to full bloom. Thank you for including that constant worker, the ladybug. Verses bless any card receiver. Great choice, Tam. mt23stamperatyahoo Keep Looking UP!

Rachel Miller said...

Beautiful! I love sunflowers for summer time, they're so gorgeous, wonderful card, truly inspiring!

~Rachel