Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Color Throwdown #205


It's Wednesday again, and that means it's time for another Color Throwdown!  This week Joan is our hostess and she found this sweet, simply decorated cake to inspire our colors.  Since the cake design is so simple, I decided to go with a simple design for my card as well.  As you can see by clicking on her card HERE, I was highly influenced by Amy Sheffer's darling design that I spotted on her blog last week.  As luck would have it, I had just unpacked and hooked up my sweet Silhouette Cameo a few days earlier, and I was so excited to see the great cut file that Amy used on her card.  She sweetly provided me with a link to it HERE, and I quickly snatched it up for that background piece.


The sweet rolled flowers on my card were made with the Rolled Rose and Mini Rolled Rose Die-Namics from My Favorite Things, and embellished with leaves from the Upsy Daisy Die-Namics.  I stamped the "thanks" sentiment from the Say What? stamp set, and cut it out with a Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics.

Please stop by the Throwdown blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration with these colors...



And please stay tuned... I have two more blog posts to share with you later today, one with some very big, exciting news!

Happy stamping!

9 comments:

Marlena M. said...

I love that background~it's beautiful! Gorgeous card Tammy. ;)

Barbara said...

Gorgeous! Way to work that new Cameo, gf!

Broni said...

LOVE this!! Thanks so much (to you AND Amy)for providing the link to that great cut file! It's now on my wish list!!

Lynn Put said...

Awesome card Tammy! Your rolled roses in the pumpkin color really pop and I love your clean design!

Vickie Z said...

Love this!!! Silhouette Cameo is my B-Day or Xmas wish this year!!! Congrats on the eP DT!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Tammy, this is gorgeous!! Love the clean, simple design and that BG is fabulous (as are your rolled roses)!

Denise Marzec said...

This is sooooooo pretty, Tammy! Love those rolled roses!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love that pretty purple panel. I so need to get over my fear of my Silhouette . . .

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous CAS design, Tammy....the purple grid in the background looks awesome and I love the sweeet little rolled flowers!!!!