Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Color Throwdown #234

swatch 234
It’s time for another Color Throwdown challenge and this week Kerri is our hostess with this beautiful country photo for inspiration.  Kerri’s actually going to be taking some time off from the team, so I’m taking the reigns with the challenge today, so I hope you’ll play along!
I needed to make a name tag for myself this week, as one of the requirements of our newly formed stamp club was that everyone was to wear a hand-stamped, hand-made name tag so we could all more easily get to know each other.  Well, I knew I really wanted to use the new Poppy Builder Die-Namics from My Favorite Things, and since red was one of our colors this week, I decided to make my name tag for the challenge!
CTD234
Lemme’ tell you…. that poppy is FUN to work with!!!  You can make it as big or as little as you want, and just a little hot glue and it’s super-quick to assemble, too!  There’s a short video HERE on the MFT site to show you how easy it is.  I added a couple of leaves from the Upsy Daisy Die-Namics and a Fishtail Flags STAX for my name.  I wanted to use my High Rise Alphabet Die-Namics for my name, but it ended up being too big, so I cut the letters out on my Silhouette instead.
Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration, including our new March Guest Designer!
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Wanda Cullen
Kim Howard, March Guest Designer
Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy stamping!
signature 3

7 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful name tag Tammy! Your white letters totally pop with the black shadows and your flower is gorgeous!

Lori said...

What a great idea! The poppy makes a beautiful embellishment for your name tag.

Luv Flowers said...

What a nice looking name tag Tammy!! It's a clean and strong design. :>)

Luv Flowers said...

What a nice looking name tag Tammy!! It's a clean and strong design. :>)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how FUN! Love that poppy!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous tag, Tammy...the poppy really pops (sorry...I just had to say that...LOL!!)

Basement Stamper said...

Mean, now I really need that poppy die!!! Love it and love how you incorporated the colors into your name tag-gorgeous! Thanks for letting me play along with you all at CTD this last month :-)