Monday, September 2, 2013

Thanks a Load


Happy Labor Day, my stamping friends!  I hope you’re having a wonderful day off (or if you have to work I hope you’re gettin’ double-time!)  To celebrate this holiday, Kitchen Sink Stamps is having a wonderful 30% off sale on all in-stock stamps!  Be sure to stop by the Kitchen Sink store and do some shopping if there are some stamp sets you’ve always wanted, and use the code LABOR30TAM at checkout to save your 30%.  The sale ends at 12:05 a.m. Pacific time on Tuesday, September 3rd.  And remember, U.S. orders over $65 get free shipping!

I created a card to share with you today that I am sending to a man from my church.  I recently had to resign from my job, and have had some great prayer support from the people in my Sunday School class throughout the stress I’ve had with my job.  This man in our class has had some hard-knocks of his own in the last year, but he called me on Sunday evening and wanted to let me know how upset he was that I ended up having to quit my job, and that he was praying for me and my family.  I was so touched by that call, and wanted to let him know how much I appreciated it, so I made this card to send to him.

KSS090213

This truck and sentiment are from the Multi-Step Classic Old Truck stamp set.  My truck base (the tires and other dark areas) was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and Smokey Gray inks.  The truck body was stamped in this order…

#3b-Memento Sweet Plum
#2b-Memento Rhubarb Stalk
#1b-My Favorite Things Wild Cherry
#4b-Memento Grape Jelly

The sentiment was stamped with Versamagic Aspen Mist and Versafine Smokey Gray.  I used some new Simple Stories papers on my card… LOVE the circles with the stars to go with this truck, as it reminds me of the old Texaco signs!

Please visit the other Kitchen Sink Crew members today for more inspiration…
Maria Colosimo, owner
Lynn McAuley
Julie Masse
Connie McCotter
Lisa Somerville

And don’t forget that great 30% off sale!  Use the code LABOR30TAM to get that discount, and happy shopping!

signature 3

2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Your truck is so bright and vivid!! What beautiful work, Tammy!!

Hugs and prayers coming your way. I am so sorry that you are dealing with this added stress in your life.

Anonymous said...

Tammy this card is so detailed & amazing !!
I just love those multi-step stamps !!

I'm so sorry to hear about your work situation --- sometimes we are forced to make hard decisions, that will actually better us in the end.
I hope that this is the case for you.
:)) :))
Best,
Nicole