Friday, November 15, 2013

A Day for Daisies-Solid Gold

Ah, Solid Gold… does that bring back memories?  (Uh oh, I’m showing my age!)  Well, I thought of it because our challenge this week on the A Day for Daisies blog is to add gold to your creations!  Stop by the ADFD blog for all the details, and play along!
We’re also continuing to showcase the new releases this week of Vintage Fairies and Vintage Clocks.  This week I’ve got one of the new fairies to share with you…
ADFD111513
I colored the Fancy Hair Fairy with Copics, then added some sparkle to the wings by scribbling around with a Sakura Glaze pen and smudging with my fingertip.  Then I added some gold and an all-over shimmer by spritzing the oval with some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls.  I also added some gold with the ribbon, some gold curly ribbon on the tag, and some sequins.  The layout for my card is the Sweet Sunday sketch #197 for this week.  The sentiment is computer-generated.
I tried to capture some of the sparkle with this photo, but my efforts weren’t very successful…
ADFD111513 close-up
So I hope you’ll stop over at the A Day for Daisies blog and join in the challenge this week!  And visit the rest of the team for more inspiration…
Arielle Gordon
Broni Holcombe
Danielle Kennedy
Juliana Swanson
Mila Popova
Sherry Eckblad
Thanks for stopping by!  Happy weekend, and…

2 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tammy! Love the coloring, the splatter and you have used my favorite May Arts tiny ribbon.

KimCreate said...

Gorgeous card!