Friday, January 10, 2014

Remembering 2013 Recipe Swap

Linda has some fun lined up for us for the first Catered Crop Recipe Swap of the year… a chance to review all of our favorites from last year.
Honestly, 2013 wasn’t the greatest year for me.  My stamping suffered greatly from a lot of stress I was dealing with at my former job, and I even took the month of May off from stamping completely.  My Mom was also diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time early in the year (and is thankfully winning the battle!) and then my Dad unexpectedly passed away on December 4th.  Don’t get me wrong…. I have many, many blessings in my life that I’m very grateful for, but all in all I’m glad to see the end of 2013.  It was a difficult one. 
I didn’t really think I’d find a lot of favorites on my blog, but I did end up with a good selection.  Rather than choose one favorite from each month I just decided to pick my faves and leave it at that.  :)  So here ya’ go… my 2013 favorites.
From January, these Valentine tea lights made with stamps and Die-Namics from My Favorite Things
MFT Valentine tea lights (4)
The newly-learned chalkboard technique was something I loved to do during the past year, and this Sweetness of Friendship card with stamps from Flourishes is also one of my favorites…
FLLC Chalkboard Tutorial 3
In February, I used some newly acquired stamps and dies from My Favorite Things on this card that was for my sweet friend Gretchen.  She was in need of a pick-me-up and this card was just the ticket….
MOJO280
And some more new stamps and dies from MFT were used to create this card
MFTWSC116
In April I had the distinction of being the Guest Designer for My Favorite Things’ new release and this Spring-themed banner I made was definitely a favorite…
April Teaser 1
In June, I was inspired by a card from Lisa Johnson and created my own version here with stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps.  And my BFF Barbara Anders shared a bounty of sequins with me around this time, which turned into another favorite for me in 2013…
KSS Just Because Butterfly
In June I rejoined the design team at Kitchen Sink Stamps just in time for a great new release, and this card showing some paradise was a favorite…
KSS Paradise Palm by Tammy Hershberger
The annual Dare to Get Dirty challenges over at Splitcoaststampers are always a bunch of fun, and this card using some new stamps from Wplus9 Designs I created for one of the challenges was pure joy to create…
DTGD13Twinshappy[6]
Any Color Throwdown challenge with shades of blue makes me want to pull my hair out, as I just don’t work well with blue, but I was pleasantly surprised when this card came together using a variety of stamps from MFT, Hero Arts and Impression Obsession.  This card was sent to my Aunt Linda in Ft. Wayne who also unfortunately passed away this past year.  She was my Dad’s youngest sister, and my Dad died four weeks to the day after she did.  :(
CTD254
Sunflowers have always been a favorite for me, so this card was a shoe-in for a 2013 favorite, using Kitchen Sink Stamps
KSS Sunflower
This past year was when I discovered A Day for Daisies digital stamps, and got lucky enough to join the design team!  This sweet card for Color Throwdown #264 was definitely a favorite…
ADFD CTD264
In October, there was another great new release from Kitchen Sink Stamps, and this wonderful Multi-Step Bicycle stamp set was an idea that I came up with, so any card made with this fantastic bike image is a favorite of mine…
October Release-KSS CTD265
Every now and then, a card comes together and you just think “oh, YEAH!” because you’re so happy with it, know what I mean?  This card using a digi from A Day for Daisies was one of those happy moments…
ADFD110113
And finally, another new company I discovered this past year was Reverse Confetti.  I just fell in love with this coffee stamp set they released, and just loved this card I created with that set…
NOVSFYTT
So, there you have it… my favorites from 2013.  If you’d like to show off your favorites too, stop over at the Catered Crop blog and leave a link so we can see yours, too!
Happy weekend, and thank you for stopping by!

8 comments:

Dolly LaBelle said...

They are all so beautiful! Great memories to share, thanks.

Gailanne said...

Great cards, every one. Here's hoping that 2014 is a year of many 'highs' and few 'lows' for you. Thank you for sharing your creativity with your fans on your blog. Love your work!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a feast to my eyes! Beautiful projects Tammy! Love every single ones.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

These are all so fabulous, I especially love the lanterns. WOWZA girl!

TLady said...

HI TAMMY!!!!! Do you remember me??? Thought I'd pop over & see you!!! GORGEOUS CREATIONS for 2013!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE ALLLLL FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) SENDING (((((HUGS!!!! )))))

Linda McClain said...

Hey sweet lady! I think we've all had one of those years. Well, at least if you're as old as the hills like me. Getting to know you better this year has been a huge, huge blessing to me. Of course, I love all your creations - so much gorgeous eye candy. Hugs and more hugs to you!

Words and Pictures said...

Hopped over from Catered Crop where I've just linked up too... Sorry to hear about your difficult 2013 - but the work is just lovely. Amazing detail and dimension on the cards - adore the pumpkin one, the lanterns, and that beautiful bicycle one.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, and the beautiful butterfly on the stripes of colour too!!
Alison x