Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Color Throwdown #287

swatch 287
Hello friends!  Well, another week has flown by and we’ve got another Color Throwdown challenge to share with you.  Lori is our hostess this week, and she found this beautiful Spring centerpiece with some soft pastels for you to try.  Very similar colors to last week, but I think the paler colors make it just different enough.  I hope you’ll give it a try!
Here’s my card…
CTD287
I actually colored this image over the weekend, and then realized it would work pretty well for my card today along with this sweet Pebbles “Garden Party” paper I recently got.  I took some inspiration from the Retro Sketch #109 this week for the layout.  The image I used is from A Day for Daisies.
And speaking of this past weekend, over half of the members of the Color Throwdown team actually got together for a stamping good time in Virginia at the home of Barbara Anders!  We had SO. MUCH. FUN!!!  We stamped, and ate, and laughed, and ate, and stamped, and ate, and laughed, and had a BLAST!  Here we are on Sunday morning after we had breakfast buffet, before we all said goodbye…
10157291_754799461211420_1247471005_n
Broni, Vickie and Wanda are all lucky enough to live within 2-3 hours of Barbara’s home, but my drive is 7 hours!  My husband wasn’t able to go with me, so my best friend from here at home went with me instead, and Heather (she’s front and center in the purple shirt) was graciously welcomed as our CTD “mascot” for the weekend!  LOL  As a special treat, we asked her to join us this week for the CTD challenge, and she’s so ambitious she made two cards!
0408141950
 0408141951
Heather doesn’t have a blog, so I hope you’ll leave her some love in a comment here and I’ll make sure she’s sees it!
For more inspiration, please visit my Throwdown sisters…
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Melody Rupple
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Jeanne Jachna, April Guest Designer
Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What beautiful cards you all did! You girls are amazing!

Dolly LaBelle said...

It looks like you guys had some real fun and what a great bunch to "play" with too. Love your card, as always it is perfectly colored. Thanks for always sharing.

Stampingcountry said...

Beautiful Watercoloring, Tammy!

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness, you totally rocked the coloring on this adorable image, Tammy! Hey, Heather! Love your "quilted" hexagons and that rose stamp is one of those classics that I always enjoy seeing again and again! You should have added one of your handmade roses to the photo - lol! It was fun getting to know you and I'm so happy you were able to keep Tammy company on the trip.

Susanne said...

That first card is simply lovely - it is my favorite for that weekly sketch. All your work is well done - kudos.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Tammy. Love that sweet image and the coloring. Heather's cards are lovely. Tell her she is really good! I wish I was able to go to the get-together. Maybe next time...

Marianne said...

How fun that you all got together for a crafty weekend! Love your colouring, Tammy. Please tell Heather her cards are wonderful, too!

Vickie Z said...

Sweet coloring....as I was watching you color it...I KNEW it would be fabulous!! Good pic...didn't even have to photoshop the wrinkles :)

A Joyful Chaos said...

Lovely cards!

Broni said...

Your little Bunny Garden image is indeed perfect for this week's combo! And she looks awesome! And be sure to tell Heather that I LOVE her cards too! I LOVED getting to know her and having her join in on the fun!! I sure do miss you guys!!

Kim said...

Such Sweet Cards!
~Kim

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Tammy and you are so lucky that you got to meet up with Broni!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. Such a sweet image.