Friday, July 18, 2014

Everything’s Better with Cake - MFTWSC185

 My Favorite Things sketch #185 close-up by Tammy Hershberger

I got my new Bring on the Cake Die-Namics and LLD Delicious Birthday stamp set out for the new sketch #185 this week from My Favorite Things.

MFTWSC185


I totally love this sketch, don’t you?  The circle element gives you so many options, plus you could turn this sideways, too!  Here’s what I did…

 My Favorite Things sketch #185 by Tammy Hershberger

These colors make me think bakery!  LOL  So on the Spearmint card stock back panel, I used the new Diagonal Stripes stencil with some white embossing paste…you could run your finger across the paste and imagine it’s frosting!  The cake was cut from Sweet Tooth card stock, stamped with the BG Pinstripe background in Pink Lemonade hybrid ink, and then embellished with a scalloped strip of Razzle Berry card stock.  I added a little sparkle to the frosting strip with a clear Wink of Stella pen.  The cake stand was cut from Grout Gray card stock, and the circle behind everything was cut from Pink Lemonade card stock on which I stamped the new BG Happy Birthday background in Cotton Candy hybrid ink.    To cover the cake, I used an adhesive sheet applied to a piece of clear acetate, then cut out the cake cover from the Bring on the Cake Die-Namics.  (Got that idea from my BFF Barbara Anders!)  I finished the design by cutting a Horizontal Stitched Strip from Razzle Berry card stock and stamping it with the BG Linen background in Razzle Berry hybrid ink, and Rectangle Frame from Steel Gray card stock, and added some enamel dots.  

On the inside…
My Favorite Things sketch #185 inside by Tammy Hershberger

I sponged the bottom of the card with some Cotton Candy hybrid ink and the Diagonal Stripes stencil, then added sentiments from the LLD Delicious Birthday stamp set in Razzle Berry hybrid ink and Steel Gray hybrid ink.

Here are my supplies…




All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted…

Stamps:  LLD Delicious Birthday, BG Pinstripe background, BG Happy Birthday background
Dies and Stencils:  Bring on the Cake Die-Namics, Rectangle Frames Die-Namics, Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-Namics, Diagonal Stripes stencil
Inks:  Cotton Candy hybrid ink, Steel Gray hybrid ink, Pink Lemonade hybrid ink
Card stocks:  Spearmint card stock, Pink Lemonade card stock, Steel Grey card stock, Razzle Berry card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock
Accessories:  adhesive sheets; clear acetate (Hero Arts), enamel dots (Doodlebug), white embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi)

Now I just need a special birthday, and this card can go in the mail!  :)  Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Diane said...

A very yummy cake design Tammy.

Hugs Diane

Annie Rose said...

This is so cute! I would gobble up that cake in an instant. :)