Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Color Throwdown #307

Color Throwdown #307 cropped by Tammy Hershberger

Hi friends!  Time for another Color Throwdown challenge, and Monika is our hostess this week with a great Summertime inspiration photo…

swatch 307

Now, as much as I love my Splendid Sunflower stamps and Die-Namics, I refrained from using them today!  I wanted to, but decided against it.  Instead I went with this really simple design because my mojo is still missing!

Color Throwdown #307 by Tammy Hershberger

I started out with a Pacific Point card stock base, then layered it with a Sweet Tooth card stock panel that was stamped in Grout Gray hybrid ink with the BG Diagonal Stripes background stamp.  Then I took a piece of yellow dotted paper, and die cut using the Blueprints 15.  I die-cut two piece of Pacific Point card stock using the Happy Hellos Die-Namics, then glued those together and applied a coating of Glossy Accents.  The flower was cut using Blueprints 12, and layered with a blue button.

Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration.  Oh, AND take notice of a new Color Throwdown team member!!!  I’m so stinkin’ excited!  We loved having Jodi Collins join us as August Guest Designer so much, we asked her to stick around permanently!  Woohoo, welcome to the team, girlfriend!

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Lawrence
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Beverley, Guest Star Stamper

Here are my supplies…

All supplies from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted…

Stamps:  BG Diagonal Stripes background
Card stock:  Sweet Tooth card stock; Pacific Point, Old Olive, So Saffron card stock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye)
Inks:  Grout Gray hybrid ink
Dies:  Happy Hellos, Blueprints 12, Blueprints 15
Accessories:  Glossy Accents (Ranger); button, white cotton thread

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a pretty card! I love the glossy accents over the die cut sentiment!

Lisa H. said...

love this. a simple card, but so stunning! I adore how you gloss up those word dies.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Tammy. The glossy word looks fantastic in blue. I really like that lay-out!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous CAS design and you've reminded me I really need that striped diagonal background stamp! The team gallery this week is phenomenal!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so cute!!! I'm going to have to make this one too

Jodi Collins said...

Yeah, I am pretty sure your mojo is alive and kicking! That tilted panel makes me swoon, and the glossy word is PERFECTION! Thank you for the warm welcome! I am SO excited to be here!

Joan Ervin said...

Simply stunning, Tammy....I absolutely love your awesome sketch and the hello die looks awesome with the glossy accents...gotta try that!!!

Kim S said...

I love the angles and diagonal patterns on this - it's so fun and the colors are so cheerful! And the glossy hello is the perfect finishing touch!

Stampingcountry said...

Beautiful CAS Card! And you shiny elements are perfect.

Vickie Z said...

Love the angles and yes, I almost missed the stripe diagonal embossed panel...perfect!!

Barbara said...

Love this. The wonky panel and the shiny sentiment are perfection!