Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dare to Get Dirty – Day #4

You Make Me Happy close-up by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty

There’s another round of Dare to Get Dirty challenges going on today over at Splitcoaststampers, and I hope you’ll join in!  You can find all the details by clicking HERE, but remember if you’re not a Fan Club member you won’t be able to access that thread telling you about the challenges.  The yearly Dare to Get Dirty festivities are SCS’s way of saying thank you to everyone who joins the Fan Club, and the prizes given to participants are exclusive to Fan Club members.  So you have to join the club to join in the fun!  :)

My first card I have to share with you today is for my good friend Lisa Henke’s challenge…

You Make Me Happy by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty

It may look kinda’ simple but I had a BLAST making this card!  My new favorite thing now is to layer die-cuts and then coat them with crystal lacquer, as show here with the Happy Die-Namics die!  I cut the “happy” three times from Black Licorice card stock, then glued all three layers together, and gave the whole thing a good coating of crystal lacquer.  Set it aside to dry for a few hours, and this is what you get!  SO FUN to do!  For the background, I cut a large rectangle from Smooth White card stock with the Blueprints 13.  Then stamped the stripes from DC Striped Backgrounds in Cotton Candy hybrid ink, Orange Fizz hybrid ink, Lemon Drop hybrid ink, Sour Apple hybrid ink, Sno Cone hybrid ink, Blu Raspberry hybrid ink and Grape Jelly hybrid ink.  With the Blue Skies Ahead stamp  set, I inked just the top and bottom halves of the “You make me happy when skies are gray” sentiment with Black Licorice hybrid ink, and stamped over the rainbow stripes, then used some foam tape to put the “happy” in place.  A few randomly placed enamel dots finished this off!

The other day I noticed that they’re having an Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp blog, so I’m entering this card in the challenge!  :)

My second card is for my awesome friend Cindy Lawrence’s challenge…

Whee! by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty

I pulled out this long-neglected Start Each Day with Whee! Pure Innocence stamp set for this card, and stamped the image on Copic X-press It blending card stock with Steel Grey hybrid ink, then colored with Copics. The Grape Jelly card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock and Grapesicle card stock panels were all made using the Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-Namics and were stamped with the BG Typewriter Text background in Grout Gray hybrid ink.  (I LOVE using Grout Gray hybrid ink for just a subtle inking…works a lot like Versamark!)  Those panels were mounted to a piece of Steel Grey card stock.  Then the Spearmint card stock base was stamped in Grout Gray hybrid ink with the BG Diagonal Stripes background.  I stamped the sentiment in Steel Grey hybrid ink, and finished the design with a few flags from the Blueprints 13, and a button tied with white cotton thread.

Here are my supplies…

You Make Me Happy by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty

Whee! by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty

Please be sure to stop by tomorrow… I’ll have two posts to share with you!  The first one will be for the Dare to Get Dirty challenge that I’M hosting (YAY!) and the second will be for an awesome, extra-special Color Throwdown challenge!  I hope to see you tomorrow, and thank you for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Juliana said...

Great cards, Tammy! I especially love the "Whee" sentiment and card!!!

Heading over to SplitCoast now... ;)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling cards Tammy. Love the colorful strips... the happy die-cut word looks great with its shiny finish.

Lyn said...

Two awesome cards.....I love them both <3

Teresa Kline said...

hey Tammy! two gorgeous card, I luv the striped colors...amazing! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Kim S said...

Those cheerful stripes with the bold black - very happy!! Then that little girl swinging - what a great layout with her swinging almost off the edge and the stripes of sweet colors.