Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dare to Get Dirty – Day #5

Let's Hang Out close-up by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty
Hello friends!  Thanks for coming back to see me again today!  I've got more fun from the Splitcoaststampers Dare to Get Dirty challenges to share with you, including the challenge that I'M hosting!  I hope you'll pop in over at SCS and join us in the fun.​  I think my challenge is a fun one... lots of possibilities for this one, so be sure to check it out.

(Since this is my second blog post for today with a total of three cards, I'm going to keep my descriptions pretty short and sweet.  But compete supply lists are down below, and you can always email me if you have ANY questions!!)

 Let's Hang Out by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty

The card I made for my challenge uses the BB Let's Hang Out stamp set from My Favorite Things.  I borrowed this one from my friend Kirsty (thanks girlfriend!) to use specifically for my challenge today.  I used the coordinating Let's Hang Out Die-Namics to cut out my little tomboy girl from Copic X-press It blending card stock, then stamped her in Steel Grey hybrid ink and colored with Copic markers.  The scenery was also stamped on the X-press It blending card stock and colored with Copics, then was cut out with the Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-Namics.


Enameled Hi by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty

And this card is for another challenge being hosted by my fellow Deconstructed Sketch team member, Kim O'Connell!  I had a lot of fun with this card, incorporating the CAS(E) this Sketch #87 challenge and the Tag You're It #3 challenge into my design.  (FUN challenges there... I'm definitely going to be participating in both a lot more often!)  I die-cut three layers of the "hi" from the Happy Hellos Die-Namics from Lemon Drop card stock, then glued them together and slapped on some crystal lacquer.  (See... I told you yesterday this was going to be new addiction!)  I added some embossing in the background with white embossing paste and the On the Diagonal stencil, and added a sweet scattering of flowers that were cut with the Trellis & Vine Die-Namics.  Again, see below for a complete listing of my supplies, or just email me with questions!

Here are my supplies.  Remember, clicking on each photo will take you directly to that product in the online store (or clicking on highlighted words, too!)

Let's Hang Out by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty


(All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.)
Stamps:  BB Let's Hang Out, BG Diagonal Stripes background
Card stock:  Banana Split card stock, Nightshift Blue card stock, Sno Cone card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Copic X-press It blending card stock
Dies:  Let's Hang Out Die-Namics, Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX, Pierced Rectangle STAX, Vertical Stitched Strips
Inks:  Steel Grey hybrid ink, Sno Cone hybrid ink
Accessories:  red button, white cotton thread


Enameled Hi by Tammy Hershberger for Dare to Get Dirty


(All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.)
Stamps:  BG Gingham background, BG Diagonal Stripes background
Card stock:  Razzle Berry card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Grapesicle card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, Cotton Candy card stock
Dies/Stencils:  Happy Hellos, Pierced Traditional Tags STAX, Blueprints 13, Trellis & Vine, On the Diagonal stencil
Inks:  Grout Gray hybrid ink, Grapesicle hybrid ink 
Accessories:  MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist; white embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi), crystal lacquer, enamel dots, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher stapler


Many, many thanks for stopping by again today!  I appreciate your visits and comments so much!

10 comments:

Chris said...

I came by from the CT card but you've got more already, geez you're fast! Back to school already, I can't get used to FL goes back next week, in NJ they don't go back till after labor day, oh, about the card, great use of that apple, pretty soon people are gonna beg for the daisy, LOL. Really nice use of the color combo. I love today's MFT gal. those colors are hopping right of the page and into my heart. such a sweetie.
Miss you.

Joan Ervin said...

Love both of your cards, Tammy....your coloring on the first one is fabulous and I love the clean, simple lines of the second!!

Broni said...

Super cute cards, Tammy! The cute little playful girl is adorable and that second card is right up my alley!! Love them both!

Jodi Collins said...

These are GORGEOUS girlie! STUNNING coloring on your first card and I LOVE the graphic elements of your second card!!

Marybeth said...

Adorable cards! Love the small tag on your card with the chevrons! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic cards Tammy. Love the colors on both... the textured background looks amazing on the second card.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Both cards a wonderful. So glad you played along with us at the Tag You're It Challenge!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Cute cards, Tammy!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards! Great take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

I love your take on the sketch--so colorful!