Sunday, September 7, 2014

Catered Crop-Everything Old is New Again

Linda has got a fabulous challenge for you over at the Catered Crop blog this week!  The challenge started last Sunday, but you still have several days left to join us!  Here’s the challenge in Linda’s words…
“A thread at the Splitcoast Stampers forum, Stamping Graveyard, made me nostalgic for paper craft supplies, embellishments and tools that have come, gone, come back, or left for good.
Does anyone still have a stash of foam stamps? decorative edge scissors? mulberry paper? I’m guilty of hoarding all of these and more. I say let’s bring them all back. It’s up to us! Resistance is futile!”
For this challenge just raid your paper craft stash for anything you think needs a resurgence and . . .
  • Include a link to us at Catered Crop or add our button, which you can grab on our sidebar or at our {button gallery}.
  • Link up and link often, but be sure you link up by 8:00 PM EST on Saturday, September 13.
  • In honor of the Splitcoast Stampers thread that started this all you can also upload your project to the Splitcoast Stampers gallery with the keyword NEWAGAIN.
  • Keep the party hopping by visiting the other players and leaving comments.
  • Check back with us on September 14 to see if you’ve won an opportunity to be a guest designer.
Here is Linda’s inspiration board…
NewAgain1
What do you think?  Do any of those items look familiar?  Are they still inhabiting the shelves in your craft room?  Then get busy!
Now, for me personally… I tend to get rid of old stuff that I don’t plan to use again so I really struggled with this challenge.  I do have eyelets, brads, swirly clips… mostly just because I haven’t had the heart to toss them.  But I also found an item… I don’t even remember what they used to be called… but I know these were from a company called Crafty Secrets.  So I used this “fabric scrap” on my card, along with some machine stitching (another thing that seems to have lost some popularity recently!)
Sunflower Smile by Tammy Hershberger
I borrowed the layout for my card from the Freshly Made Sketch #152 this week.  The yellow gingham was a nice pairing for the sunflower image, I though and I added a woodgrain background stamp to the navy blue cardstock panel that was cut with the Blueprints 13 Die-Namics.  I also used the Blueprints 11 to die-cut the “smile” for the sentiment, using a double-layer for extra dimension.
Be sure to stop over at the Catered Crop blog for all the challenge details, then raid your stash and join us!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Oh, I love how homespun and sweet this is. So glad you kept that sunflower. Lovely!

Silke Ledlow said...

Sweet card Tammy! I love the fabric scrap...it works perfect with this image! Hugs ~S~