Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Color Throwdown #324

Color Throwdown #324 cropped by Tammy Hershberger
Hello friends!  Happy New Year!  The Color Throwdown team had a nice holiday break, but now we’re back with new challenges for the new year.  Today, Monika is our hostess with this great wintery scene to inspire you.  Maybe you’ll create a winter scene for your card?  Maybe a Valentine?  I can’t wait to see!
swatch 324
I pulled out a not-yet-inked stamp set from My Favorite Things for my card, Cool Day.  I die-cut the polar bear as well as the ice berg, then stamped and colored each image.  The layout for my card comes from the Retro Sketch #147 for this week.
Color Throwdown #324 by Tammy Hershberger
On the inside I added another polar bear, and a birthday sentiment…
CTD324 inside
Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and join us this week!  And be sure to visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration… Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Bonnie Sharp, January Guest Designer
Jenny Engelke, Guest Star Stamper Keep warm, and thanks for stopping by today!


15 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Tammy, this card is just too adorable!!!

Lyn said...

Love your card and love the colours for this first challenge of 2015 I am going to try and play along this year time permitting

Joan V said...

Love this.

Kim said...

I love your card Tammy!! Such a cute image and a nice and crisp card!! :>)

Jodi Collins said...

Awww! How sweet is he! LOVE your layout, the snowflakes in the background, and the black sentiment panel!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh my gosh...so, so, so cute!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Tammy. Love that image and the coloring. What a perfect way of using the colors.

Wanda Cullen said...

This was such a perfect image to use with these colors! Adorable card!

Broni said...

What a perfect choice of images to use with these colors! And the sketch is perfect too! Love this fun card!!

Bonnie said...

Oh cripe I LOVe this Polar bear - he is a sweetie for sure - these colours are perfect for him too! Fabulous creation Tammy!

Joan Ervin said...

Your little polar bear is just tooo cute, Tammy....gotta love those pink cheeks!!!!

Vickie Z said...

Kay' LOVE the polar bear and silver snowflakes!! Sweet!

Stampingcountry said...

What an adorable card! Perfect for the Color Throwdown Challenge.

Barbara said...

I love this set so much and I love how you used the colors on it! Sweet!

Lori said...

This is just too sweet! Love how you colored the bear image.