Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Color Throwdown #341

 

Color Throwdown #341 close-up by Tammy Hershberger

The weeks are just flying by lately, and here we are at another Wednesday and another Color Throwdown challenge!  Lori is our hostess this week, and being a teacher she found inspiration for our colors this week in these sweet apples…

swatch 341

The photo shows some very muted shades of pink, orange, green and yellow, but I went bold and bright with my take on these colors…

Color Throwdown #341 by Tammy Hershberger

I’ve had this card by Betsy Veldman on one of my Pinterest boards for a few months and decided to CASE her design for my card today, using the Text Block Birthday die from Papertrey Ink.  On the watercolor paper background, I applied a wash using a lot of water and some Razzle Berry and Orange Zest dye inks from My Favorite Things.  Then I used the Fresh Cut Florals stamps and matching dies from Wplus9 Design Studio for the little flower bouquets on the two opposite corners of the panel.

Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration.

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Tenia Nelson, May Guest Designer

9 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Tammy, this card is just gorgeous!!!

Lin said...

These colors together always make me smile, Tammy - LOVE your card! Pinning it.....

Lyn said...

Awesome card <3 love it to bits

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love the fabulous sentiment diecut and how cool is that background...gorgeous design, Tammy!!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this gorgeous card!! You have pushed me over the edge...must have that birthday die! I had Betsy's card pinned as well and think I like yours best! :-)

Alina said...

fabulous, great colour combination!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Tammy. Love the water color background. Those little flowers are just darling. Amazing design girl!

Broni said...

This card is awesome and fabulous and just perfect!! I love everything about it!!!

jan metcalf said...

Pretty card!