Monday, August 31, 2015

Some Days You’re the Dog…

Some Days You're the Dog...

My sweet baby girl started college this week.  And yes, Mama is having a hard time holding it together!  LOL  We left home at 6:15 a.m. Sunday for the two hour drive to Columbus with two car loads of stuff to move her into her dorm/apartment with two other girls.  And then we left her behind by early afternoon to head back home.  And right away this morning she started her classes for Vet Tech training.  :)  But not before texting Mom at 10:00 p.m. Sunday night because she was sick!  Yes, laying on the bathroom floor, trying not to lose her supper, that kind of sick.  The poor girl… I think the day was just so exciting and overwhelming and long, and it all caught up with her.  Thankfully, she felt somewhat better by this morning and made it to class. 

So, of course, I had to make a card to send her and being the animal lover she is, I knew I’d HAVE to use the Birdie Brown You Make My Tail Wag stamp set (and the matching Die-Namics) from My Favorite Things.  I followed the layout for the MFT sketch challenge #243 for this week, making a square frame for the front using Lemon Drop card stock.  The card base is a piece of Tropical Teal card stock, and to that I adhered a panel of polka dot paper from the Dots & Stripes Fresh Paper Pack.  I embellished the scene with some Flat-Bottom Clouds Die-Namics cut from Sweet Tooth card stock, and some Gumdrop Green card stock that was cut with the Grassy Fields Die-Namics.  I added an Electric Red card stock flag that was cut from Blueprints 16 and stamped half of the sentiment on the flag.  The dog and hydrant were stamped with Steel Grey hybrid ink on Copic X-press It card stock, and colored with Copics.

The other half of the sentiment went on the inside…

Some Days inside

…along with the hydrant image stamped in Tropical Teal hybrid ink.  Then I added another sentiment from the stamp set, but changed it slightly because of the bad day/night my daughter had with being sick right before the first day of school!

She’ll be coming back home this weekend since it’s a 3-day weekend, but I hope that if I get this in the mail right away she’ll get it before Friday!

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a cute card! Yes, it's a huge adjustment for everyone when they take that step away from home. Thankfully, Columbus isn't TOO far away.

Celeste Goff said...

OMG, this card made me literally laugh out loud! Thanks for the early morning giggle!