Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Color Throwdown #358

Color Throwdown #358 cropped

Hey friends, it’s time for another Color Throwdown, and this week the uber-sweet Jodi Collins is our hostess!  She found this lovely bouquet for our color inspiration today…

swatch 358

Even though I’m never a big fan of blue, I DO love it paired with yellow!  So this was right up my alley!

Here’s my card…

Color Throwdown #358

I have LONG been wanting the Wide Stripes background stamp from Simon Says Stamp, but it’s been out of stock.  So I started thinking “what can I do… what can I do?”  And I ended up taking a piece of white card stock and some masking tape, along with Daffodil dye ink from My Favorite Things, and created my own wide stripes background!  After I sponged on my stripes, I die cut the panel with Blueprints 24.  On a strip of vellum, I stamped the leaves from the Simon Says One with Nature stamp set in Blueberry dye ink from MFT, then I wrapped it around the striped panel.  Using the Thanks 3x4 stamp set from Simon Says, I stamped with Versamark ink on a Blueberry card stock strip, then heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.  I adhered that to the striped panel with some foam  boosters over a silver thread bundle.  The striped panel was then mounted to a Blueberry card stock panel, then to a Sweet Tooth card stock base, and a few enamel dots completed the design.

Please be sure to visit the CTD blog today for more inspiration, and to help us welcome our September Guest Designer, my incredibly talented friend, Kelly Latevola!

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Kelly Latevola, September Guest Designer
Angela Muir, Guest Star Stamper

I hope you’re having a great week!  Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Lisa H. said...

I love everything about this card. Those stripes are awesome and even better that you made them yourself!!! I love the vellum and of course those oh-so-cool leaves! great card, Tammy.

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful card Tammy! I love this bold color combo!!!

Lori said...

Love your fabulous solution for getting stripes! It worked perfectly. And the leaves look fabulous on the vellum. I've been eyeing that set for a while and I'm coming pretty close to caving!