Monday, January 11, 2016

Seriously...

Hello friends!  Happy New Year!  I just  have a quick card to share with you today, using the colors for the current Color Throwdown #374, and the sketch from The Challenge #55.  You may or may not have noticed that I’m no longer a member of the Color Throwdown team.  After almost 7 years, I decided it was time to step down from the team I helped found.  I’m so grateful to all the girls on that team who have stepped up to take over several of the tasks I kept up with each week, and I hope they keep going for many, many more years!

So here’s my card using the colors that Broni chose for this week…




The last time I used this Seriously Word die from Lil’ Inker Designs I mentioned that it was quickly becoming my go-to for belated birthday cards.  And here I am, using it again!  (Thinking maybe I need to address the fact that I seem to be sending a lot of late birthday cards?)  I added a stamped sentiment from the Seriously Awesome Sentiments stamp set, and die cut some flowers from the Perky Posies.  The Posies and the die-cut circle were watercolored, and I embellished with some enamel dots and clear sequins.

I used the sketch from The Challenge, flipping it like a mirror so my flowers ended up on the left side.  (Realized too late though, that the deadline to enter had passed.)

That’s all for today… it’s the first card I’ve actually made in a long time.  I’m hoping it inspires me to get another one made very soon!  My mojo is still missing… whoever has it, please send it back!

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous card Tammy!!!

Broni said...

I love it, Tammy! Perfection, as usual!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Yay for seeing a card from you in the gallery! LOVE your belated b-day card! Hope the new year is treating you well!