Thursday, May 5, 2016

Color Throwdown #391–Cool

My girls over at the Color Throwdown have another great color combo with today’s challenge!  Aren’t these flowers GORGEOUS??

swatch391

I wanted to make a really cute birthday card for one of my co-workers this week, so I reached for my BB Penguins in Paradise stamp set from My Favorite Things, and used these colors for a tropical-themed card…

Color Throwdown #391

(My shades of orange here didn’t end up being very prominent, but they’re there!)  I colored with Copics, and die-cut the penguin, tree and beach ball with the matching Die-Namics.  The background is a watercolor wash of Summer Splash and Blu Raspberry premium dye inks from MFT and is speckled with some drops of water and Perfect Pearls.

I’m trying not to jinx it, but I think I may have pulled out of my stamping slump!  Smile  SOOOOO happy about that, and sooooo happy that YOU stopped by today!  Thank you for all the kind comments!

5 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Ah, what a cool card!

Kim said...

Your card is SO cute Tammy!! I would say that you have definitely pulled out of your slump - if you were really in one. This little guy looks so cute with his shorts on. A fun scene!! :>)

Wanda Cullen said...

Your mojo is definitely rockin' and this darling card is just the cutest!! Your coworker will love it!

Vickie Z said...

Eeeks......love it!! Time for me to get out these sweet penguins!!

AmyR said...

SO cute - like SO SO cute - love! Thanks for playing along with the CTD!! :) :) :)