Wednesday, July 27, 2016

MY Top 10 from My Favorite Things

The wonderful people at My Favorite Things are celebrating a huge birthday this month!  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was ordering from them for the very first time, way back in the Fall of 2007 when I was managing a small stamp store.  Looking back on my blog, my first post using stamps from MFT was on October 16, 2007.  So I'm honored to say I've been happily using their products for the majority of their 10 years in business, and have also had the honor of serving as a guest designer a few times, in addition to getting to go to their headquarters in the Summer of 2014 for a stamping retreat!  I even got a great treat this week in seeing that one of my creations was "Spotted!" and featured on the MFT Challenge blog!  That's actually my second one in recent weeks, and is SUCH a THRILL to see!



The MFT Design Team recently all did posts on their blogs with their Top 10 Picks of their cards, and I thought it'd be kind of fun to look back at my own MFT designs and pick a Top 10!  (Believe me, that first card from October 2007 is NOT one of them!)  So here they are, in chronological order...


These cool pop bottles are so fun to use... why am I not using them more often? This card for Color Throwdown #361 was definitely a fave!


This card was another no-brainer for my favorite list.  I don't know what it was, but just something about how this whole card came together made me love it.  I created this for the Deconstructed Sketch #163.


The brightness of this card, along with the simplicity (something I never feel like I'm very good at!) made this one another favorite.  This was created in August 2014 for a Dare to Get Dirty challenge.


I used a Die-Namics die to create my own stencil to apply paste for this card, another Dare to Get Dirty challenge in August 2014.

 
 
Here's another favorite in which the simplicity knocked me for a loop!  I just never feel like I do clean-and-simple very well, but every now and then I surprise myself!  This card was created for Color Throwdown #302.
 
 


I've always been partial to sunflowers, to this one was definitely a favorite!  I think the black frame gives it such a striking look, too.  I made this card for one of the MFT sketches in June 2014.


This card was a fun one because I made it with new release products that I picked up on that wonderful trip to Florida back in June 2014!  I was having a BLAST with all those new goodies!  I created this card for Color Throwdown #296.


Not sure what it is about this one... just something about the pretty papers and layers and other design elements just made me happy with this card!  Created for Mojo Monday #280 in February 2013.


No list of favorites would be complete without at least one ala' modes stamp!  They've been since discontinue, but I always just loved these cute, lanky girls!  The inside of this card had a sentiment that read, "Feeling a little green around the gills?"  I made this one for Color Throwdown #126 in January 2011.


And finally, I couldn't finish a list of Top 10 favorites without the adorable girl from the Pure Innocence line!  This card has always been a favorite, just for the bright colors and added design elements, created in December 2010 for one of the MFT sketches.

It wasn't easy to narrow my list to only 10, but it was a ton of fun to take a walk back through the years!  I look forward to many more years of using products from My Favorite Things!  Happy Birthday, MFT!

7 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Congrats Tammy! Beautiful cards girl!

Debra said...

Wow, these are great cards Tammy! My favorite is the Pure Innocence 'Smile' card. I love the Pure Innocence stuff and those stars are another favorite. It is fun to look back at 10 favorites for sure. And making a stencil from a die is so creative - I never would have thought of it but I'll have to try it!

Joan V said...

Tammy, I have never seen a bad card on your blog. You are so talented and have an eye for color and design. (When I grow up, I want to be just like you.) LOL. I'd frame everyone of those. Thanks for sharing some of your favorites.

Lyn said...

Awesome cards, congrats on being spotted. I always enjoy seeing your gorgeous cards in my blog feed

Leigh Penner said...

These are all wonderful, Tammy! I think my favourite is the first one with the Soda Pop -- it's so fabulous and fun!

Kim S said...

I already had many of those in my inspiration files and on my wishlists!! Now I've added a few more.

Unknown said...

These soda bottle and stamp sets are the best thing since chocolate! Yes, I said it. I want them all. I'm Crushin on them bad.
All the cards made with them are AWESOME.