Saturday, November 12, 2016

Awesome

Our new challenge for the Crazy 4 Challenges is up today, and this week it’s all about sewing and stitching!  We challenge you to actually sew on your card, or add some stitched elements, whether real or faux to your design.

For me, I almost always use some faux stitching on my cards through my use of dies.  I love the extra bit of texture it gives to the card.  So today, I added a little more than usual, and here’s my card…

C4C362

One bit of stitching appears on my background panel of watercolor card stock which was cut with Blueprints 24 from My Favorite Things, after I applied a wash of aqua blue ink.  And some additional stitching comes in to play with my use of the Quilted Flower Dies from Lil’ Inker Designs.  I added a sentiment to my card using the Awesome Word die from Lil’ Inker and the matching Hello, Awesome stamp set.  I die-cut the word three times, then adhered all three layers together and applied a coating of Glossy Accents for extra dimension.  My design was finished with some enamel dots.

Be sure to stop by the C4C blog for all the challenge details today, and be inspired by the rest of the CrAzY girls…

Anja de Regt
Barbara Anders
Caz Counsell
Frances Byrne
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Maryann Einem
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Ednie

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: