Thursday, November 24, 2016

Ouch!

There’s a very “cool” color combo this week for Color Throwdown #420 that I couldn’t resist, so I had to play along!  Here’s my card…

Color Throwdown #420

I kept my design fairly simple, using the fun LLD Sweet Succulents stamp set from My Favorite Things for my design.  I added a blue watercolor wash to the background using Distress Inks, then die-cut the panel with the Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-Namics.  I added a few splatters of ink, and mounted the panel to a piece of Black Licorice card stock.  I added the sentiment, added a few black enamel dots for embellishment, and mounted to a Sweet Tooth card stock base.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Here the CTD graphic…

swatch420

Thanks for stopping by!  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Great design! I love the watercolor wash background behind the cactus--it really sets the image off. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, this is such a sweet CAS design! Loved seeing that you joined us in the gallery! P.S. Darn you for enabling me to spend some money in MFT's sale this w/e - lol! I couldn't resist the birch dies and PI girl with bird after seeing your card on FB! Tell Kim you need a commission!

Broni said...

Adorbs!!!!