Sunday, December 4, 2016

Grateful

I got a big package of goodies from My Favorite Things on Friday… lots of fun new things I was able to pick up from their great Black Friday sale!  So I got to work using several of those new items and created this card using the current Color Throwdown #421 colors, and the current Sketch #309 on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog…

MFTWSC309

This Grateful for You stamp set and dies has been on my wish list for awhile, so I picked it up during the sale.  I think I’m going to add one of the sentiments to the inside of the card, since I didn’t have room on the front.  I die-cut “grateful” twice from Lavender Fields card stock, and mounted it to a Sour Apple card stock piece that was die-cut from Blueprints 24.  The plaid paper behind the sentiment is from the Plaid Patterns Paper Pack (another new item!) and was die-cut with the Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-Namics.  The circle frame was cut from Blu Raspberry card stock using the Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics, and I used the Traditional Tags STAX Die-Namics to cut the tag in the background using paper from the Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper Pack.  Finally, I layered everything on a background that was stamped with the BG Modern Mosaic background (another new purchase!) in Versamark ink, embossed with white detail embossing powder, and die-cut with Blueprints 13.  A few enamel dots completed my design.

I hope you’re having a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

paperkicks said...

Nice card! Bold design...awesome!

Broni said...

LOVE the bold stripes with the softer plaid! Great card design!!!