Saturday, December 3, 2016

Polar Birthday

It’s a new month, and that means we have a new hostess for the Crazy 4 Challenges team, and that’s our fearless leader, Frances Byrne!  And today Frances wants us to be inspired by the STAR… we put a star on our Christmas trees, and a star led the wiseman to the baby Jesus in Bethlehem… everywhere you look at Christmastime, you see stars.  So, using the letters S-T-A-R, incorporate them into your design! 

Now… you’ll have to forgive me but my brain is on overload this week with a lot going on at work.  So I took it pretty easy on myself and used…

S – silver
T – teal
A – apple green
R – red

And here’s my card…

C4C365

 

On a piece of watercolor card stock, I used my Peerless watercolors to create a light teal wash.  After the ink dried, I spattered with more teal ink, and some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tinsel.  I added a Sweet Tooth card stock frame over my background that was die-cut with the Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-Namics from My Favorite Things.  Then I pulled out my Birdie Brown Cool Day stamp set from MFT, and die-cut and stamped the polar bear, sign and iceberg, then colored with Copics.  I embellished with some Sparkling Clear Mix sequins, added my sentiments, and Silver Sparkle card stock strip, and called this card finished.

Be sure to stop by the C4C blog for all the challenge details today, and be inspired by the rest of the CrAzY girls…

Anja de Regt
Barbara Anders
Caz Counsell
Frances Byrne
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Maryann Einem
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Ednie

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

Great card Tammy! I love the little touch glitter!