Saturday, February 11, 2017

CrAzY for Red - C4C372

Hey there!  Guess who forgot to do her blog post today?  Yep, that’s me! 

I’m the hostess-with-the-mostest for February at Crazy 4 Challenges, and this week I’ve got an interesting twist for you!  With Valentine’s Day approaching, many people have a date night that involves dining out, amiright?  So for today’s challenge, I want you to include a food/dining/dish theme on your card, AND include the color red!  Maybe some romantic chocolate with red hearts?  Or some red wine!  Or chocolate AND wine (that’s MY favorite, but a big no-no in my current eating plan!)

For me, I HAD to turn to my beloved Pyrex-like stamps from My Favorite Things

C4C372

Inspired by the current sketch #319 at MFT, I pulled out my Kitschy Kitchen stamp set, and got to work!  I die-cut the bowls from the matching Die-Namics, and stamped them using my MISTI with Razzle Berry and Wild Cherry hybrid inks, and added the whisk stamped in Steel Grey hybrid ink.  For the circle element, I used the Stitched Mini Scallop Circle STAX Die-Namics and added an insert to the circle with pink polka dot paper.  I added the sentiment on a strip of Wild Cherry card stock, and a piece of pink patterned paper in the background die-cut with the Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-Namics.  Then on the background piece, die-cut with a large stitched rectangle from Blueprints 13, I stamped the BG Distressed Stripes background with Versamark ink and heat set it with white embossing powder.  A few black enamel dots for embellishment, and I was done.  This will be a perfect Valentine’s Day card for my hubby, who gets into the Pyrex collecting as much as I do!

Be sure to stop by the C4C blog for all the challenge details today, and be inspired by the rest of the CrAzY girls…

Lisa Henke, February Guest Designer
Anja de Regt
Barbara Anders
Caz Counsell
Frances Byrne
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Maryann Einem
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Ednie

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an awesome and pretty card Tammy!!!

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card Tammy, love it!