Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother’s Day

Mother's Day 2017

I am super lucky and blessed to have a beautiful, outstanding mother… especially because she understands that I just run out of hours in the day most of the time, and her card is going to be late!  I’ll be putting this in the mail tomorrow, and praying that it gets to her on Tuesday, so that she has it before she leaves for a trip on Wednesday.  Of course, I’ll call her today but I know how much she loves my cards, so I hope the post office is super-speedy this week!

The Altenew Painted Flowers stamps were calling my name, so I arranged them in a spray along the upper left side of this scalloped die-cut panel (Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX), then adding some color with Tickled Pink, Razzle Berry, Sour Apple, and Jellybean Green dye inks from My Favorite Things.  In the background I added a striped piece of paper from the 6x6 Dots & Stripes Confection Paper Pack, and a panel die-cut from Steel Grey card stock.  The “happy” was die-cut from silver glitter card stock using the Happy Card Frame die from Concord & 9th.  The “Mother’s day” sentiment is from a very old Impression Obsession stamp set, and I added some sequins and splatters for embellishment.  For my card layout, I took inspiration from the current CAS(E) this Sketch #221.

I hope all of my Mom friends out there had a beautiful Mother’s Day!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the pink and silver together and the way you stamped the flowers is amazing. Great design!

carolinesbuzz said...

Love it, Tammy. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the sketch!

stampwithsandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about it!