Sunday, May 21, 2017

Hello Blooms

Hello friends!  It was a chilly, damp day in my neck of the woods… a good day to stay inside and stamp, which is exactly what I did!  I pulled out what’s becoming a favorite stamp set, the Bold Blooms from My Favorite Things, and made this card using the colors for the current color challenge on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog…

Hello Blooms

I had some initial reservations about these colors… Cotton Candy, Ripe Raspberry, Safety Orange and Steel Grey.  I’m a big fan of orange, but Safety Orange isn’t a very pretty shade.  But I truly ended up liking this combination, and even found that grey for the “greenery” looks kind of cool!  Along with the Bold Blooms stamp set and matching Die-Namics, I used a new die, the Die-Namics Square Peek-a-Boo Window, and also the Label Love stamp set.  I embellished with some dark grey sequins.

I may have gone a little overboard, but my layout was inspired by the current CAS(E) this Sketch #222!

CTS_222

Here’s the color swatch for the current MFT color challenge…

MFT_ColorChallenge_PaintBook_69

Hope your weekend is great… thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Tammy! Wonderful take on the sketch!

LeAnne said...

This is awesome, Tammy! LOVE those pretty florals!

Lesley said...

I love this gorgeous card, Tammy! Beautiful colors.