Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Kind People are the Best

Color Throwdown #443

Broni has chosen some gorgeous colors this week for Color Throwdown #443!  I couldn’t resist playing along… there’s just something about the combination of yellow with any shade of blue.  I love it!  If I could afford to, I’d redo my kitchen in shades of yellow and blue!

This Kind Card Frame Add-On Die from Concord & 9th is just genius!  I have the Happy Card Frame Die too, and just love the way it cuts out the frame with the word as part of it.  Too cool, and the font is awesome, too!  I created the background by stamping the LJD Scribble Roses from My Favorite Things on a piece of watercolor card stock using Versamark ink, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I just applied a wash of water colors using Lemon Chiffon, Daffodil, Sour Apple Jellybean Green, Summer Splash and Blu Raspberry die inks.  The rest of the sentiment from Kindhearted stamp set was stamped on a piece of Steel Grey card stock.  Added some splatters of Tropical Teal ink, and some sequins for embellishment.

Be sure to stop by the Color Throwdown blog and check out the challenge, along with some great inspiration from the CTD team!  And thank you for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

Broni said...

I LOVE this, Tammy! Very striking!! Thanks for playing along this week!

~amy~ said...

THIS is a beauty!!!

Anna Tracy said...

So pretty