Wednesday, June 28, 2017

ABS Cards

ABS Cards?  You may be asking “Tammy, what are ABS Cards?”  No, that doesn’t stand for Anti-Lock Braking System… at least not here!  You’ve heard of ABC gum, haven’t you?  (Already Been Chewed)  Well, the cards I’m sharing with you today are what I call ABS Cards!  (Already Been Stamped)  You see, whenever I use a stamp set like Bold Blooms, Beautiful Blooms, Desert Bouquet, or Mini Modern Blooms I like to die-cut quite a few extra of every piece.  Then, when I get out my MISTI to stamp the flowers, while I’m at it, I just stamp more than I need for the current card I’m making.  Then I store the extras in the pocket with the dies, so I always have a “garden” of extra flowers on hand to make ABS Cards!  (All the flower stamps and Die-Namics you see in this post are from My Favorite Things, unless otherwise noted.)

IMG_7713

I even have a Ziploc bag full of extra die-cut flowers from the Sensational Stitched Flowers Die-Namics that are leftover from this project…

Sensational Stitched Thank You Notes

Some die-cuts you can see are not stamped, and that’s most likely because I didn’t intend to use that particular piece on whatever I was working on, but they’re there if I ever do want to use them! 

A few of these “leftovers” originated from a project I did back in April.  Twice a year I go on a weekend-long stamping retreat with friends, and while I was there, I die-cut a whole mess of Beautiful Blooms, and stamped them all in a variety of complimentary colors to create a set of cards like this…

Flowered Wreath

I think I made 16 of these… can’t remember now.  (The wreath used here is the Chisolm Wreath from Simon Says Stamp.)  But all the leftover flowers and leaves went into the pocket for later use!  Like yesterday, when I needed to make a quick little card and used them for this ABS Card…

For You Mini Card

And over the last few weeks, I’ve made two cards using Bold Blooms, and the leftover stamped die-cuts from those cards were used to make these two ABS Cards…

Sympathy Blooms

Hello There Blooms

So, next time you’re using floral stamp sets that have matching dies, consider stamping some extras so you have them on hand to create ABS Cards!  Or ANY stamp set, really… doesn’t have to be florals!  Just stamp a few extra each time, and save a few steps for your next creation!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: